Jobs at the Library
MCL is a fantastic place to work and we’d love for you to join our dedicated team!
Whenever there’s an opening, we’ll be sure to post it here.
JOB OPENING: Circulation Supervisor (click here for job description)
Position Title: Circulation Supervisor
Hours: 35 hours per week
Pay rate: $17.17 – $24.03
Benefits: This position comes with benefits pro-rated for the hours. Refer to the Village of Mukwonago Employee Handbook for more details.
The Mukwonago Community Library (MCL) seeks a customer service-oriented manager to lead circulation services and commit to achieving MCL’s vision of an innovative and forward-thinking library. We are looking for an experienced manager to lead the work of a busy circulation department including supervising a team of six (6) staff members, directing circulation tasks, and managing the ILS database. We want an adaptable and resourceful individual with a passion for improving customer relations and interests in procedures, statistics, and quality control. The Circulation Supervisor needs to be a leader in the library, communicating and collaborating with the technical services team and other departments to provide a holistic approach to serving the community.
The Circulation Supervisor reports directly to the Library Director. This is a 35-hour position with flexible scheduling that includes some evenings and weekends. This position comes with an excellent benefits package including:
- vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits pro-rated based on the hours worked per week
- health insurance with the majority of premium paid by employer
- dental insurance, vision insurance, and life insurance offered
- eligible for Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent higher education or vocational training specializing in liberal arts or related fields. Additional related work experience may substitute for the required education.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in customer service
- Minimum of two (2) years of management experience
- Valid driver’s license
- All applicants are subject to fingerprinting and a background check. Employment is contingent on passing those assessments.
- Preference for experience with library circulation responsibilities
- Knowledge of Dewey Decimal system and other library organizational structures
- Experience using library technologies including Polaris ILS, Simply Reports, Microsoft Office 365, and WisCat InterLibrary Loan
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and an employment application to Library Director Abby Armour at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 26, 2022 at 5:00pm. Employment applications and the full job description can be picked up at the library or found on our website. Questions about the position are welcomed and may also be emailed to the Library Director.