Interlibrary Loans (ILL)
Request Books, Movies, Microfilm, Articles, and Materials Not Owned by the Library
How does ILL Work?
- Submit an online Interlibrary Loan Request Form for each title. Of course, you can always stop into the library or give us a call at (262) 363-6411. Please include any information about the title from citations, websites, etc.
- Patrons are limited to no more than 5 active requests at a time.
- Requests may take 2-4 weeks to fill.
- The library staff will contact you when your request arrives for pick-up.
- Patrons are responsible for items and due dates on their accounts and should let staff know if they no longer need their interlibrary loan.
- All interlibrary loan material that is checked out from the Mukwonago Community Library must be returned to the Mukwonago Community Library.
What can I request through ILL?
ILL requests may be made for any item not owned by Mukwonago Community Library or other libraries in the Bridges Library System with the following exceptions:
- Items published or released within the past 6 months to one year. Instead, please submit a suggestion that we add the new item to our collection.
- Playaways, downloadable audiobooks, and eBooks
- Lending libraries often generally restrict loans of textbooks, genealogy material, and reference books.
What does it cost?
- There is no charge to you for interlibrary loan services.