Interlibrary Loans (ILL)
Request Books, Movies, Microfilm, Articles, and Materials Not Owned by the Library
How does ILL Work?
- To use Interlibrary Loan (ILL,) Mukwonago Community Library must be your home library.
- Submit an online Interlibrary Loan Request Form for each title. Of course, you can always stop into the library or give us a call at (262) 363-6411. Please include any information about the title from citations, websites, etc.
- Patrons are limited to no more than 5 active requests at a time.
- Requests may take 2-4 weeks to fill.
- The library staff will contact you when your request arrives for pick-up.
- Patrons are responsible for items and due dates on their account and should let staff know if they no longer need their interlibrary loan.
What can I request through ILL?
ILL requests may be made for any item not owned by Mukwonago Community Library or other libraries in the Bridges Library System (provided MCL is your home library) with the following exceptions:
- Items published or released within the past 6 months to one year. Instead, please submit a suggestion that we add the new item to our collection.
- Playaways, downloadable audiobooks, and eBooks
- Lending libraries often generally restrict loans of textbooks, genealogy material, and reference books.
What does it cost?
- There is no charge to you for interlibrary loan services, but Mukwonago Community Library must be your home library.