Would you like to make a difference in your community, help to plan library programs of interest to you, and offer your ideas/skills to the library? Then this is for you! The Teen Library Council (TLC) is a group of teens from the Mukwonago area that have an interest in the Mukwonago Community Library and programs for teens. TLC will provide input on programming, special events, activities, help out in the Children’s Department, and provide ideas on what you’d like to see added to the library collection.
Where and when will TLC meet?
Members will meet at the Mukwonago Community Library twice a month to discuss the collection, teen issues, plan and implement programs, assist with bulletin boards and craft bags, and collaborate together on how we can make a difference within our community. The meetings are held every other Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. in the Teen Territory. Check the website for the next meeting dates!
What does TLC do?
- Be an advocate for the library
- Brainstorm and plan your kind of library programs
- Offer your voice and ideas
- Recommend books, movies, magazines, etc. for the YA collection
- Assist with bulletin boards, craft bags, and displays
Who can join?
- In grades 7th thru 12th
- The ability to commit to only ONE monthly meeting and if further interested, possibly volunteer throughout the year and during the summer
- Enthusiastic about the library, programs, and the community
- Willing to follow library policies, guidelines, and behave in an appropriate manner as a member of TLC and a representative of the Mukwonago Community Library.
What can I get out of this?
- Have fun, socialize, and make new friends
- Develop leadership, planning, and communication skills
- Can be used as volunteer and community service hours
- Improve the library and community by offering your talents and ideas
How do I join?
Stop by the Mukwonago Community Library to fill out the TLC application and return it to the Circulation Desk. You will then be contacted with further information about the meetings!