Tax Resources and AARP Tax-Aide Appointments
The AARP Tax-Aide Program prepares free basic federal and state returns for middle and low-income taxpayers with a special focus on people 60 and older. AARP will be offering this program at the Mukwonago Community Library every Monday starting February 7, 2022.
Appointments are held at the Library on Mondays, from February 7th through April 11th, with time slots between 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (Appointment length may be up to one hour.)
- AARP will NOT accept walk-in appointments. You MUST register for a time slot through the Library’s website, calling the Information Desk at (262) 363-6411, or coming into the Library.
- There will NOT be a waitlist.
- Due to the pandemic, the AARP requires masks and will limit the time customers are in the room. If you do not have a mask with you, one will be provided.
- It is your responsibility to reschedule missed appointments.
- Once you are registered, please stop by the Mukwonago Community Library to pick up an AARP Tax Intake Packet to fill out in advance and bring with you to your appointment. You can also download the packet HERE.
What You Need to Bring With You
- AARP Tax Intake Packet
- Last Year’s Taxes
- This Year’s Tax Documents (W2’s, etc.)
- Photo ID, Joint Return, Spouse Photo ID (if you have children claimed as dependents, a copy of their social security card.)
- Social Security Card or proof of Social Security Number.
What To Expect
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment. The appointment will take place at the Mukwonago Community Library in the Community Room. A volunteer will check you in and direct you to your tax preparer. They will review your documents and confirm any additional information they need to prepare your taxes. The process will take roughly 45-60 minutes, and you will be asked to wait at the Library. You will then be asked to come back into the room to sign all the documents and finish.
IF YOU HAVE ANY TAX QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL THE WISCONSIN AARP AT: (866) 448-3611
IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE, PLEASE CALL THE LIBRARY INFORMATION DESK: (262)-363-6411
Tax Resources: Forms, Online Filing, and Where Is My Refund?
Mukwonago Community Library will receive a limited number of paper Federal and Wisconsin tax forms. Tax forms, including previous years, are available to print from the following websites:
- IRS (Federal) Tax Forms & Publications
- Wisconsin (State) Tax Forms
- Tax Forms for Other States
- Tax Forms By Mail or Phone
- Federal: You can order many federal tax forms and publications at the IRS website. Or you may request tax forms by calling 800-829-3676 or write to the following address: Internal Revenue Service, 1201 N. Mitsubishi Motorway, Bloomington, IL 61705-6613. You should receive a response within 10 days after your request is received.
- Wisconsin: You can request forms by writing to: Wisconsin Department of Revenue, 2135 Rimrock Road, Mail Stop 5-77, PO Box 8949, Madison, WI 53708-8949. You can also call 608-266-1961.