It is important to get your news from credible sources, and this is especially important when you are looking for health and financial information. The coronavirus is being monitored around the world and is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will provide updated guidance and information as it becomes available. Local health departments and hospitals will also update the information on their websites frequently. Below you will find links to reliable sources of health and financial information nationally, in Wisconsin, and locally.
General coronavirus/COVID-19 Information
- Coronavirus Information and Resources (Compiled by 211 Wisconsin) You can also call ‘211’ or Text your zip code to ‘898211’ for assistance. (Help available in 180 languages).
- Community Information for Coronavirus (COVID-19) – From the Village of Mukwonago.
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- Waukesha County Public Health
- Jefferson County Health Department
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
Financial Hardship and Impact
- Unemployment COVID-19 Public Information: An FAQ page from Wisconsin’s Department of Workforce Development for people laid off during the COVID-19/coronavirus outbreak.
- Internal Revenue Service – Information about the Economic Impact Payments (one-time relief checks) and Coronavirus Tax Relief.
- Financial Resources to Help Get Through COVID-19 – Compiled by UW-Extension. (Spanish translation is in the works.)
- Protect Yourself Financially From the Impact of the Coronavirus. – From the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. (Spanish available.)
- CARES Act – Federal Stimulus Bill Public Information – An information page from Wisconsin’s Department of Workforce Development about the expanded unemployment benefits, including the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program among others.
- Avoid Coronavirus Financial Scams – From the Federal Trade Commission.
- Preparing for Coronavirus/COVIUD-19 on Farms – From the UW- Madison Extension, Farm Management.
- Farmers’ Guide to COVID-19 Relief – From Farmers legal Action Group.
- Coronavirus and USDA Assistance for Farmers – Outlines COVID-19/Coronavirus programs and contacts for USDA assistance programs.