MCL Updates & FAQs
Mukwonago Community Library is open and we look forward to serving you again and know you are anxious to have access to new materials. We are taking a gradual approach to our full reopening to ensure we can manage the enthusiastic crowds and maintain a sparkly clean and safe library for you and our staff. We’ll continue adding services as we’re safely able to do so. We truly appreciate your understanding of our efforts to ensure everyone’s safety.
The library is open. Current hours are:
Monday through Thursday 9:00 am – 8:30 pm
Fridays 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturdays 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
This is what we can safely provide:
- In-Person hold pick-ups (check-out at the Circulation Desk or self-checkout machines)
- Feel free to ask questions at the Information Services Station
- Schedule an appointment to:
- Have an exam proctored
- Use the Memory Lab
- Use a study room (please sign-in at the Information Services Station)
- Browse the Book Sale
- Please call the library to determine the availability of a Notary Public.
- Our curbside pick-up appointments will continue and will be offered during the library’s open hours if you are uncomfortable entering the main part of the building.
- Library services will be offered in a hybrid fashion going forward (in-person and virtual). When in-person, all safety precautions will be in place with social distancing, masks, and pre-registration with limited numbers. Check out our Events calendar for a complete list of our programs.
Services we CANNOT offer during this time
- The play space in the children’s area is unavailable.
- Meeting room reservations. Please call (262) 363-6411 for more information as meeting room requests will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Very Important Things to Keep in Mind:
- Masks are optional for fully vaccinated patrons. Based on CDC guidelines, we strongly reccomend non-vaccinated patrons wear masks in the library. Free masks are available.
- Please try to make your stay as brief as possible to limit exposure.
- Patrons with COVID-19, fever, or other symptoms of COVID-19 may not enter the library. Patrons who display symptoms in the library may be asked to leave.
- Proper hygiene is essential for everyone’s safety. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the entire building. Patrons are asked to wash hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water.
For the complete Mukwonago Community Library ‘Return to Normal’ Plan, please click HERE.
Thank you for your continued support and love of our library services! We do very much look forward to this gradual ‘return to normal’ and appreciate your patience.
HOW IS THE LIBRARY KEEPING ME SAFE DURING MY VISIT?
Cleaning will be completed by staff at the top of each hour the library is open. Service desks will be routinely sanitized and disinfected. Staff will also do their best to sanitize all high contact areas throughout the day. The library is then deep cleaned every night. You will notice that some furniture and equipment have been temporarily removed to help keep the library clean. We have sincerely made every effort possible to make our building as clean and safe as possible for both you and our staff.
WHAT ABOUT HOLDS FROM OTHER LIBRARIES?
You may place holds from other libraries. Please take note that returned items will be quarantined for one day before you’ll receive a notification.
CAN I RETURN MATERIALS?
You may return materials via the insode or outside bookdrop. Please take note that items will be quarantined for one day before we check them in. We will backdate the material so no fines will accrue on your account.
WHEN CAN I DONATE ITEMS FOR THE BOOK SALE?
Book sale donations are now being accepted. Please keep in mind that we cannot accept VHS, textbooks, dictionaries, magazines older than one year, or musty, damaged books.
HOW DO I RECEIVE THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CHANGES AT THE LIBRARY?
Please check the library’s website for the most up-to-date information. We will also do our best to continue frequent eNewsletters and social media posts.