Mukwonago Community Library has begun offering limited services to the public. We look forward to serving you again and know you are anxious to have access to new materials. However, MCL is well known as a very active community hub with hundreds of daily visitors and countless high-touch public areas, we will begin a very gradual approach to ensure we can manage the enthusiastic crowds and maintain a sparkly clean and safe library for you and our staff. We’ll continue adding services as we’re safely able to do so. We truly appreciate you understanding our efforts to ensure everyone’s safety.
The library is open. Current hours are:
Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturdays 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
This is what we can safely provide:
- Curbside pick-up appointments will continue and will be offered during the library’s open hours if you are uncomfortable entering the main part of the building.
- Grab & Go! In-Person hold pick-ups (check-out at the Circulation Desk or self-checkout machines)
- Feel free to ask questions at the Information Services Station
- Schedule an appointment to:
- Use a computer
- Have an exam proctored
- Use a study room (please sign-in at the Information Services Station)
- Browse the Book Sale
- Please call the library to determine the availability of a Notary Public.
Services we CANNOT offer during this time
- The vast majority of library programs will continue to be virtual and there will be no meeting room reservations.
- There play space in the children’s area is unavailable.
- Seating is allowed in designated spaces, please keep your visit to 30 minutes if possible.
Very Important Things to Keep in Mind:
- Please note that the first two hours of each day will be reserved for vulnerable patrons, such as those who have weakened immune systems and those older than 65.
- MCL staff will be required to wear masks while working. We are STRONGLY ENCOURAGING the public to wear masks, wash their hands or use hand sanitizer, and maintain a safe distance between themselves, staff and other patrons.
- Children under the age of 16 will need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Please limit your time to 30 minutes or less within the library and follow all social distancing guidelines.
- Hold notifications have been restored to how they were before the pandemic. We will no longer be calling you personally as to if you have a held item here.
For the complete Mukwonago Community Library ‘Return to Normal’ Plan, please click here.
Thank you for your continued support and love of our library services!
We do very much look forward to this gradual ‘return to normal’ and appreciate your patience.
WHEN DOES THE SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAM BEGIN?
Ms. Jane and Ms. Michelle have been working fervently on the Summer Library Program for this year! And Mr. Chris, too, as he prepares for the Adult Summer Library Program. The Summer Library Program may look a bit different this year but rest assured, we’ve been working hard to bring you an exciting program that can be enjoyed from home.
The SLP will be completely digital this year. We’ll be using a program called “Beanstack”. Click HERE for more details.
HOW IS THE LIBRARY KEEPING ME SAFE DURING MY VISIT?
Cleaning will be completed by staff at the top of each hour the library is open. Service desks will be routinely sanitized and disinfected. Staff will also do their best to sanitize all high contact areas throughout the day. The library is then deep cleaned every night. You will notice that some furniture and equipment have been temporarily removed to help keep the library clean. We have sincerely made every effort possible to make our building as clean and safe as possible for both you and our staff.
WHAT ABOUT HOLDS FROM OTHER LIBRARIES?
You may place holds from other libraries. Please take note that items from other libraries will be quarantined for a minimum of three days before you’ll receive notification.
CAN I RETURN MATERIALS?
You may return materials via the outside bookdrop. The inside bookdrop will be inaccessible. Please take note that items will be quarantined for a minimum of three days before we check them in. We will backdate the material so no fines will accrue on your account.
WHEN CAN I DONATE ITEMS FOR THE BOOK SALE?
We thank you for considering us for your book donations. Right now, we are simply not able to accept any but please do hang on to them. We’ll let you know when we can happily accept them again.
WHEN WILL AARP BE AT THE LIBRARY?
We have been informed that AARP is unable to return for tax preparation services this year.
HOW DO I RECEIVE THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CHANGES AT THE LIBRARY?
Please check the library’s website for the most up-to-date information. We will also do our best to continue frequent eNewsletters and social media posts.
WHAT DO I DO IF I WANT TO HUG A STAFF MEMBER?
We’ve missed all of you too and have definitely missed hugs with our patrons but this is something we can MOST DEFINITELY not fulfill at this time. Once things are back to normal and we’re able to hug again, we’ll excitedly be waiting! J