2020 MCL Summer Reading Challenge:
“DIG DEEPER – READ, INVESTIGATE, DISCOVER.”
* June 15th – August 15th *
It’s been fun, but our 2020 Summer Library Program is coming to a close. You still have a few days to log those reading minutes and get entered into our grand prize drawings! Due to the pandemic, the program looks a little different this year but there’s still time to get involved. Click HERE to get started or continue reading for full details.
Due to the impact COVID-19 has had on our community, we have decided to support local businesses and organizations that have so generously supported *us* in the past. While all challenge participants will earn a shot at our grand prize — an Orion SpaceProbe Telescope, the majority of all other rewards and prizes will be gift cards and purchases from local stores and restaurants.
We have challenges for four different age groups.
- Preschool Challenge for ages 0-4
- School Age Challenge for ages 5-12
- Teen Challenge for ages 13-17
- Adult Challenge for ages 18+
The bulk of our summer reading program will be done online using the reading-log platform, Beanstack. With Beanstack you can keep track of your reading, earn online badges to help make your reading a habit, and be entered into drawings and raffles.
- Go to mukwonagolibrary.beanstack.org
- Choose Register an Individual or Family.
- Follow the prompts to register yourself and/or any family members.
- Make sure to include your email and phone number to be contacted about any prize drawings.
Register with the App:
- Download the Beanstack Tracker app in your app store.
- Tap Get Started and select Yup! when asked if your library uses Beanstack.
- Type in “Mukwonago Community Library” and tap the name when it comes up.
- Tap Don’t Have an Account? Sign up! and follow the prompts to create your account.
- Choose a username and password. Then tap Continue.
- Enter your name, email and/or phone number. Then tap Continue.
- Tap Fill Out My Reader Profile and follow the prompts to complete registration.
- You will also then be able to register others to your account too (like other family members.)